Sunday 4 March 2012

Excitement

4-3-2012

Five more sleeps! All accommodations / car hire / tickets for events have been organised. Passports have been reviewed. Clothing is being sorted. Trip to the airport (and return) is taken care of: Chloe is taking us.

We're all excited beyond repair. We are off on the HOT TAMALE train to VEGAS!

Robin's excited because of the event we're travelling abroad for: Mike's wedding! And because we get to spend some time with Martin. And a chance to see family (Amber and Justin, Mutti) again. And because of where we are staying in Hawaii, both on the Big Island and later on, Kaneohe on the return leg of our journeys: NOT in hotels! More about those later... and of course there will be pics

I could add: I'm excited to be catching up with Linda in Sacramento (not to mention carting off half Linda's crafting supplies). And catching up with Mike Stoller my first ever internet friend from 12 years ago. And seeing my beloved Napa Valley again (and the Napa Girls), and to go to the Stinking Rose in San Francisco one more time.( note i did not say  last time!).  I so love America and all the people who are special to us there.

And Nanny? She's in for a treat. Originally our plan was to travel in the opposite direction this year and visit the UK and Europe, dropping Mum off in the UK to visit with her siblings while Robin whisked me off for a romantic Anniversary weekend in Paris. Mike and Heather's engagement created so much excitement we just had to be a part of the big day. So plans were revised and Mum opted to come with us and then travel by herself to the UK after a month in the States... Las Vegas is on her bucket list as is the Grand Canyon...

A little word about Nanny... you may also see her referred to in this blog as Mum, Brenda or Mrs Thing... its very hard to stick to one name for the darling... so please dont think I have taken along 4 others with me, its just me, Robin and Mum...

So much still to do before we leave, I have got lists everywhere.

4 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic time Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant half tell you are all excited. I hope you have a fantastic time and look forward to following your trip and hearing all about it when you get back. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I could be at Linda's to see you again! I did pull out and set aside quite a bit of "Paris stuff" for you when I was there last month, though, going through her supplies myself. Enjoy your time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to miss you all...soooo jelly!!!! being here tonight can feel the house is just buzzing with excitement and I know you will all have an awesome time over there... Saturdays will feel a little empty without seeing my amazing big Sister Violet and my beautiful Mum (Mrs T) for a touch of craft. Can't wait to hear of the things you get up to and the craft shops you will blow through and empty out on your travels. Enjoy the Wedding, the catching up with the other side of the family and Mum with ours. will keep in touch. HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME xoxoxox Auntie (The Real One) xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete